header2

.. is my command

Sunday, May 11, 2008

My mother, My best friend


Some may say that they love there mom, some may say their mom loves them. I can say both, and even more, that she is one of my best friends!! My mom has been there through thick and thin. She was there to clean up my messes, bring me my homework when I would forget it at home. She was there when I didn't have a friend to turn to. She was there to take me to practice, church activities, sleep overs. My mom was always there to support me. She is a rock in the gospel and in all principles good. My mother is an example to me, I hope to live up to the kindness she has bestowed upon all people in her life. I love my mom for the tough cookie she was on Jonathan when we were dating. I love her for her amazing cooking!! I love her for putting up with the slamming doors. I love her for the great tips on how to give someone a really good toilet paper job!! I love her for asking every friend what there name was, just to make sure she can be in the loop! I love her for her discipline (I guess I can say that now that I am out). I love her for the example of marriage and love that she has given me all of my life. But out of all of these things that I am grateful for, and I love about my mom. I am most grateful for the time she gave up in her life for me. Not only was she there day in and day out while I was going through cancer, but every other day of my life. I know she has given up much for me and I am so grateful for her in my life!! My mother is a great example to me!! THANKS MOM, I LOVE YOU!!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Heidi, I love you very much too! It is so fun to see you all grown up, and I agree that you are one of my very best friends too. We have had some rough times, but a lot more great times. I'm so grateful for you, and grateful to Heavenly Father & Jesus for the miracles we have seen in your life. I appreciate all the love that you & Jonathan show me! Happy Future Mother's Day to you!
Love, Mom

Brady and Britton said...

Your mom sounds like an amazing woman! You are lucky to have her!

The Rindi's said...

I love your mom too. I miss her haha and she did give us some good tips for toilet papering...well not exactly toilet papering but all of the other dumb stuff we did!!

scott and jessica doman said...

heidi- you two are so cute. mwah! tell her hello for me. Give me a call sometime.... we need to chat!

Jenny and Jared said...

That was a really sweet tribute to mom. Thanks for making me look like a bad daughter- mine was not nearly as thoughtful. However, you gave mom a way harder time than I did so you have some kissing up to do. :-)

Darren and Dianne said...

Heidi, you are just stunning. You are so beautiful. I remember you being just a little girl! This is Dianne Brock (one of Holly's friends from Jr. high and High school) Anyways, some how I came across your blog and just wanted to leave a comment :)

dmmuaina said...

Dear Heidi, I love reading your blog. You are so eloquent in your writing. What a beautiful woman you are. I'm so grateful that you have always been there for Megan. We love you.
Aunt Maureen

WELCOME

Guess What?... We have MOVED. Lucky for you, you can still find us here.