header2

.. is my command

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Tribute for Opa

I never had the opportunity to meet Jonathan's Grandpa Day (Opa), but I hear he was a wonderful man!! I would have loved to meet the man who stole the heart of Arlette Hart, a fearsome man he must have been! To gain the heart of that wonderful woman, I imagine he must have been handsome, kind, giving, thoughtful, intelligent, and I am sure he had a good sense of humor!! Now I do know that infact he was handsome, and from the stories Oma tells me I gather that indeed he was every bit of what I imagined him to be. I love hearing her fond memories of him and I can't wait for the day I get to meet him!
This is a picture of Opa riding his bike backwards, he was famous for being very proud that he could ride backwards. Jonathan loved the fact that Opa was so proud of this, and he wanted to make Opa proud by learning to do it himself! Sure enough Jonathan became a master at riding the bike backwards just like his Opa!

1 comment:

Annette said...

I didn't know he could do that! How neat. I miss Opa too.

WELCOME

Guess What?... We have MOVED. Lucky for you, you can still find us here.