header2

.. is my command

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Beijing Olympics

So I happened to come home for lunch and turn on the Olympics and this event was on. I did not even know this was an Olympic event. My original thought was... Why are they having a jump-rope team perform at the Olympics!! Then as I watched I really was entertained.. not as exciting as watching an intense 100 meter race with Michael Phelps at the top of the race, but entertaining none the less.

The event I am talking about it Rhythmic Gymnastics. What captured my attention the most was the grace, and flexability of the gymnasts. I was amazed at the tricks they performed! Anyway, I had never heard of the event... I guess you learn something new every day!! :) Whats your favorite Olympic event?


3 comments:

The Rindi's said...

I too didn't know this was an Olympic event until I turned it on. I loved it!! I love the Olympics especially this year!! We watched it everynight when Mike got home. My favorites were of course Michael Phelps...it was so intense!! gymnastics and beach volleyball!! We can't wait to see you guys too! We will be home on Sunday YAY!! I can't wait!!

Jamilyn said...

I LOVE rhythmic gymnastics! I'm glad you like it too! But I think my fav is regular gymnastics... so cliche, but seriously entertaining stuff!

Jenny and Jared said...

Hey sista! Where have you been? I actually was surprised to see that rhythmic gymnastics was a team sport. Of course my fav is gymnastics. The US got jipped this year though on individual events.

WELCOME

Guess What?... We have MOVED. Lucky for you, you can still find us here.