
Oh my gosh! My favorite Performing Dance Team is COMMING TO TOWN!!! I can't believe it. Well I guess I shouldn't say my favorite, I have never actually seen them perform, though I have seen Ailey II, the understudy group. I saw them perform years ago when I was up at Utah State. I absolutely fell in love with their choreography, and the story lines their dances portrayed; not to mention their amazing technique and beautiful costumes! And the Alvin Ailey group is no different! If you enjoy REAL dance theatre you cannot pass this one up!! This is the 50th Anniversary Tour of this beloved modern dance group. With a reputation as one of the most acclaimed international ambassadors of American culture, the company has toured throughout the world and comes to Salt Lake for the first time since the 2002 Olympic Games. And Kingsbury Hall has been selected to be a presenter for the exclusive 50th Anniversary celebration of this national treasure. ***Once again TRULY A CANT MISS!!!***
When:

Tuesday, April 1, 2008
7:30PM
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
7:30PM
Ticket Information:
$29.50, $39.50, $45.50 All ticket purchases subject to handling fees.
For more information concerning the group, dancers, choreography, or the founder and his inspirational story, you can go to their website at http://www.alvinailey.org
If you are interested in going, and you need someone to go with, let me know. It is for sure on my calendar!
2 comments:
Hey I remember seeing Ailey II it was way fun. They are way good. I would love to go I'm pretty sure there is NO WAY that Mike would go he took me to the ballet once and he said he would never go again. Haha he is not cultured at all but that's alright I still love him
I think I might just have to take matt to this for his birthday on the 1st! really I would love to see them!
Post a Comment