header2

.. is my command

Monday, June 18, 2007

Sickness

So I still dont have the pictures on my computer that I would like to post so sorry, no pictures today. I have been sick for 2 full weeks so not much has really been getting done. So I apologize for the delay. We finally got our wedding pictures back on Friday so we will have to get those up soon! We are finally on the up side of these sickness though so life is going much better! The house is actually getting clean! It is a great feeling! Jonathan keeps saying, oh I love having my wife back! haha, poor guy I was OUT for most of the past 2 weeks.
Today is actually our 1 Month anniversary. We are so excited! It seemed to fly by, but at the same time it feels like we have always been married! We have officially decided that marriage is the best. And that we are so lucky to have each other, and to have the gospel in our marriage. We are so grateful for every opportunity that the lord has given us!

So I have some questions for anyone who has answers. How do I get the main picture on our blog to not be so big. And is there anyway to do a slide show like Melanie does on blogspot? Please let me know if you have any insightful information for me concerning this page. I am not exactly figuring it out like I thought I would. Thanks for the help!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Heidi!

So, I should be listening to my discussion in class right now, but here I am reading blogs! I just learned how to add videos and stuff to my blog. When you create something, say uploading a video to a site, they will usually give you different links to use for blogging or emails. The one to use for blogs is called a HTML link and will start with the word "embed". That's the one you want to put in the blog (not the URL-that's the link itself). You write what you want in your post, and copy that code, and it should pop up in the blog (not in the writing section but when you view it you should see it). If you want, I can show you sometime. I haven't done the slideshow yet, but will be today probably, and I'm assuming it's the same thing. There are so many sites around that you can use-I'm trying Smilebox from Melanie's website. Glad you're feeling better!
Jen

Kari said...

As for getting your picture smaller, I had to use a program for that. My digital picture program had a section on it where it gave the option of making the photo web-friendly. I tried simply downsizing the megapixles, but that didn't work. It just made the photo grainy and fuzzy. Go to the help program your computer uses for your digital pictures and see if there is a section that allows you to make jpegs website/web friendly. If you still can't figure it out, send it to me and I'll do it for you and then send it back to you. Did that make any sense?! I hope so! ~Kari

Morningside Blogger said...

Heidi-

You have to have a program like Photoshop or something similar to create a blog banner. Then you resize it and post it. If you'd like me to help you, I'd be happy to as well. You can choose one picture or several (like mine). I'd put them together and e-mail it to you.

As far as slideshows, I typically use three different websites:

www.slide.com
www.rockyou.com
www.smilebox.com

The first two websites are free. You create a login and then upload your photos, rearrange the order, add text under photos and then save them. It will give you an html code. You copy it and add that html code into your entry (but you have to add it in the tab that says, "EDIT HTML" in your blog entry. Don't copy and paste it into "COMPOSE" tab.) Does that make sense??

I'd be happy to show you if you'd like. We don't live that far apart! : )

Let me know...glad to hear you are feeling well.

WELCOME

Guess What?... We have MOVED. Lucky for you, you can still find us here.