header2

.. is my command

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Back in Time

So I was looking at my blog today trying to think of something that I could update this old thing with.. and I decided to go back in time. I realized that many of my family and friends never got to see the pictures, or hear all the fun details of the night Jonathan and I got engaged! So, I have added a few pics to spice up the page.
Valentines night we had planned to make dinner at Jonathan's house then try to scalp tickets at the Jazz Game. I was running a bit late so I told Jonathan to start cooking and I would be right over. I got there and Jonathan suggested that we go get Jamba's (because I LOVE JAMBA'S!)until dinner was ready. So we get in the car and we are driving and it seems like I havent seen him forever so I go on this rampage of talking until I realize that we are on the freeway almost down-town. Jambas are just down the street, not down town. So I say to Jonathan "Jonathan, Jambas!" And he acted like he didnt realize we were down there either and made up some excuse about how we wouldnt be able to make it back through traffic and eat and make it back to the game, so.. he suggested that we just find soemthing down town to eat. So we got off the first exit and started searching. Well it was Valentines Day so we knew that everything would be a wait, plus I was STARVING! So my patience was wearing thin... haha. Anyway we drive past the Grand America and I comment on how beautiful the architecture is and how I would love to see the inside some time. We drive past it and Jonathan ends up making a loop back towards the freeway. Then all of a sudden he takes a hard left and we are driving in front of the Grand America again. Right as we do that Jonathan notices that The Cavilers bus is parked outside. Instantly Jonathan parks and grabs my hand and the next thing I know we are running across the street to see Lebron James. Well we didnt see Lebron but we did see a lot of other tall guys. Well once they all left Jonathan decided that he wanted to walk around and see the place, like I had wanted to. Well I did because I didnt want to be rude, but I was SO hungary. So we visited all the stores gawked at the beauty in the hotel and then I was done. I said I want to go now, I am so hungary. And jonathan announces that he has a surprise for me. He takes my hand and leads me down a hallway and announces to the concier that he has reservations for 2. I was like Oh Cute! Totally obvlious to what was instore for me! We ate dinner, which was amazing, and we talked and laughed and smiled and just had a great time. It was a beautiful day and we were sitting in the bay window just as the sun was setting.(The spot that Jonathan had previously picked out)
The whole dinner was just blissful. Jonathan was totally calm so I was not expecting anything! Honest! Well then we get into the car to go scalp tickets and jonathan takes a right instead of a left. I have learned to just let some things slide, like driving directions, but I was so confused on why he was parking farther from the Arena than closer. Right as I posed the question Jonathan says I just figured there wouldnt be much parking, and a spot opens up and he says, Ill just park here. So we get out and he takes my hand and starts walking into the temple grounds. I was like you have got to be kidding me. As you can see I was in a short dress and it was February. So I said "Jonathan the temple is great and all, but I AM FREEZING!" haha, he was like " well its Valentines I think we should see the temple, dont worry we wont be here long." So we walk around the temple to the reflection pond where Jonathan plants me and says, "Ok, I want you to think about the temple and how much it means to you, Ill be right back" and as he ran off it was at that moment when I realized Oh my gosh, He is going to PROPOSE!! So he came back for me and said he had something to show me. He whips out this dvd player that has a video he put together for me. This is the video
For the longest time I have been asking JOnathan what he is doing with his hands in the pictures and telling him that he is ruining the pics! haha, little did I know how cute he actually was being! Anyway he got down on one knee, a very painful thing for him to do, and asked a blubbering me to Marry him. I said "Yes, Yes, Yes"! Then he painfully got up and we both cried! Then he said we need to go scalp tickets. So we hop in the car drive to the Arena and run to make the game. You would think by this time I would be smart enough to figure things out, but apparently I am extreemly gullable. Anyway so we run up to where most scalpers are and we couldnt find a right price so Jonathan suggests we go closer to the doors well before I know it we are in line. I said "You have tickets dont you" and he said yep but they are top row, I told him I could care less it was just fun to be there. Then as we got inside Jonathan pulls me down a tunnel and says one last surprise and the ticket lady looks at our tickets and says 5th row right down here. We ended up sitting next to Matt Harpring's wife. It was the most amazing day ever! Then that night we went to Jonathan's house, and then to my house, to announce our engagment! It was THE BEST DAY EVER!

2 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

So am I a geek or what I totally cried. The lame thing is i have heard you tell it to me before! But I cried anyways...It was just to precious not too!

Kari said...

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I love, love, loved hearing about your engagement! I'm also excited you're doing a blog because it will be easier to keep in touch. Very cool, and congratulations!
~Kari (Johnny's Oregon cousin)

WELCOME

Guess What?... We have MOVED. Lucky for you, you can still find us here.